- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks organic unsalted butter
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups of unbleached flour
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups toasted chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup cocoa nibs
- sprinkled sea salt crystals on top (optional)
1. Mix both sugars and butter until soft, and add eggs to the mixer one at a time. Then add vanilla, then baking soda and then salt while continuing to mix. Next, add the flour one cup at a time. Last, fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts and cocoa nibs.
2. Drop teaspoon-sized amounts of the dough onto a non-stick sheet pan, or even better, use a baking stone and top with a few sea salt crystals.
3. Bake at 325ºF for 15–18 min. or until the edges are browned or they reach your preferred doneness. I personally love them a bit overdone so they get crispy, almost candy-like. Serve with cold milk, a glass of pinot or port. — Enjoy!!!